Be aware that this position is completely Remote but we are looking for a candidate located in the Central European Time Zone +/-2h.
About Tomorrow’s Education
Tomorrow’s Education is an Edtech startup based in Berlin founded by serial entrepreneurs, Christian Rebernik and Dr. Thomas Funke. Our vision is to redesign education and educate and empower leaders to tackle the greatest challenges of tomorrow together, today.
We believe that one of the biggest challenges in education is the way of teaching itself. Therefore we are challenging the old teacher-oriented approach of traditional universities by shifting to a student-centric approach.
We want to provide our students with a unique opportunity to gain the relevant skills and mindset and then leverage their impact through a global network of like-minded creators.
At Tomorrow’s Education, we leverage science and technology for effective learning and foster a global community for continuous growth and impact. With us, students learn by applying their knowledge to real-life challenges and interacting with world-class educators, mentors, and partners from all around the world.
As a Product Manager your goal is to translate our learner-centric approach into impactful features that deliver the outcomes relevant for our company’s strategic goals. You will take responsibility for the results of a development team made of frontend and backend engineers as well as a product designer. With your team, you will be focussing on enabling effective processes for our faculty staff in content production and learner management by creating a powerful toolset and enhancing learner observability and analytics.
- Work with the Head of Product on aligning the product roadmap with the company’s strategic goals and direction.
- Help to further develop and evangelise a data-informed culture in the organisation.
- Support the implementation of best practices and repeatable processes in product development.
- In collaboration with product design, engineering, education, and community discover meaningful and impactful product opportunities.
- Evaluate opportunities informed by qualitative insights and quantitative data and prioritise the ones that are most promising to move the needle.
- Elicit requirements with and from stakeholders and, in collaboration with a product designer, translate them into concise and comprehensive product specifications.
- Manage and prioritise your backlog of work (Jira), and plan implementation work with a team of engineers.
- Account for the quality and impact of the work delivered by the team by thoroughly defining acceptance and quality criteria and evaluating the work delivered based on those.
- Support the continuous growth and improvement of the team by leading agile ceremonies (retro, reviews, standups, planning, grooming) and turn feedback into actionable insights.
**You will be great at this job if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience working as Product Manager or Product Owner for a digital product.
- Are not totally new to Scrum and agile methodologies in general;
- Come with a user-centred mindset, and understand how business value enables user value;
- Do appreciate feedback and always seek to improve;
- Bring great collaboration skills because, as a remote-first company, we value overcommunication;
- Show great communication skills, explain the rationale behind your decisions, and back it up with evidence;
- Are driven to learn and adapt, as a startup our requirements are ever-changing. Being pragmatic and flexible and learning fast is very important for your success;
- Ideally have used tools like Jira, Figma, Miro, and Browserstack before;
- Write and speak excellent English;
- Plus: Bring experience in education, e.g. LMSes;
- Big plus: Bring experience in a heavily data-informed organisation.
For us it is also important that you have:
- Passion for sustainability, entrepreneurship, and technology;
- A high level of integrity, curiosity, and willingness to grow;
- A high degree of self-reliance, independence, and proactivity.
Work wherever you are and whenever you want. Our flexible work environment will give you the freedom to work from everywhere and whenever you want (in alignment with your team);
Be part of the Tomorrow’s Community: Every team member can study for free at Tomorrow’s Education (excl. partner fees if applicable).
Travel the world with us: Twice per year, the whole team meets for a 1-week workation at a different place around the globe.
Do you care about education and impact? Grow with us and help us reshape the education space!
At Tomorrow's Education, we believe in the power of you and your own merit much more than we believe in degrees! Sounds weird for an education provider? That's Tomorrow's Education!